Follow Islington Faces blog on http://www.islingtonfacesblog.com to meet inspiring locals. Here’s Diye Wareibi who runs Bright Sparks re-use and repair shop at 176 Seven Sisters Road, N7 which is open Monday- Saturday. Free furniture and reuse collections can be arranged/booked via brightsparksonline.com or call the shop 020 7272 9156. © Kimi Gill for Islington Faces
What’s Islington Faces?
Islington Faces is a website where you can find a collection of interviews with more than 325 people who live or work (or have lived/worked) in Islington. Have a look at http://www.islingtonfacesblog.com Some of the interviews include community champions and people who are doing things to make Islington a more sustainable place. The photos are taken by Kimi Gill. You can check out the A-Z list on the home page or have a browse through some of these interviews:
- Ursula Arens is an Islington Faces trustee & specialises in sustainable diets https://www.islingtonfacesblog.com/2019/06/26/ursula-arens-nutrition-writer/
- Tara Button on re-use https://www.islingtonfacesblog.com/2015/09/09/tara-button-buy-me-once-campaigner/
- Jen Cronin and Hannah Staab on divestment https://www.islingtonfacesblog.com/2019/07/03/hannah-staab-and-jen-cronin-climate-change-campaigners/
- Lucy Facer about the inspiration behind Islington Clean Air Parents https://www.islingtonfacesblog.com/2020/05/06/lucy-facer-islington-clean-air-parents/
- Andy Grieve air pollution specialist https://www.islingtonfacesblog.com/2017/12/06/andy-grieve-air-quality-analyst/
- Simon Izod a cycle champion with a bamboo bike https://www.islingtonfacesblog.com/2016/03/02/simon-izod-cycle-tour-leader/
- Mike Priaulx champion for Islington’s swifts https://www.islingtonfacesblog.com/2020/03/04/mike-priaulx-islington-swifts-champion/
- Marnie Rose on the Garden Classroom https://www.islingtonfacesblog.com/2016/08/10/marnie-rose-garden-classroom-founder-ceo/
- Caroline Russell talking about Living Streets before she became Highbury East’s Green councillor or an Assembly Member https://www.islingtonfacesblog.com/2013/11/20/caroline-russell-safer-streets-campaigner/
- Diye Wareibi from Bright Sparks re-use and repair shop https://www.islingtonfacesblog.com/2020/03/11/diye-wariebi-manager-bright-sparks-re-use-project/
- Paul Wood can name the tree in your street (and has a wonderful map and book about street trees) https://www.islingtonfacesblog.com/2017/06/28/paul-wood-london-street-tree-author/
Islington Faces became a charity in November 2019.
If you’d like to suggest an interview with someone who is volunteering, working or just doing stuff that’s good for people and planet please contact Nicola Baird, who writes most of the interviews. Email email@example.com or use Nicola’s gmail. Interviews are not usually linked to a news event. They are published once a week, so if you decide to follow the blog you won’t be swamped with info.
You can also follow Islington Faces on insta @islingtonfaces and twitter @islingtonfaces and Facebook/IslingtonFaces